Updated 28th September 2023
It is a simple task to add the Events Calendar, to your electonic devices (PCs, smartphones, tablets, etc). This will mean that your electonic calendar will automatically update itself with changes and additions to the calendar. If your device supports it, you will also receive an alert before an event or practice; this may depended upon your device or software's settings.
The Association's online Calendar is the reference for what's on, where and when. New events are added throughout each year and amendments are made as needs be. Arrangements do occasionally change and it is therefore recommended that you check the online Calendar before attending events and practices, particularly those to which you do not usually go.
How to Subscribe to the Calendar:
- Go to the "Calendar Subscription" page on the "Calendar" menu item.
- Choose which Categories and Years events your wish to appear in your Calendar. It is recommended that you check the "All categories" and "All years" boxes, especially the latter. These are the default settings.
- Click on the "Click to Subscribe" button
- To add to Google Calendar click on the "Add to Google Calendar" button. For all other calendars, click on the "Subscribe to Selection" link. In most cases this will cause your calendar software/app to open and import the Calendar.
- Follow the instructions for your particular device/software/app.
- There is no need to login before subscribing. In fact, it is recommeded that you don't.
- There may be a timelag before your calendar updates itself after updates are made. In the case of Google Calendar this could be as much as 8 - 12hours. For some devices/software it is possible to set the auto-update period, but for Google Calendar users, there is nothing that can be done about this; even deleting the Calendar and resubscibing will not cause an update. Complain to Google if this is an issue; please do not complain to the Webmaster of this site.
- If you check the "All years" box then you will not need to resubscribe when subsequent years' events are added to the Calendar.